Kachwaha & Partners is a full service law Firm, with offices at Delhi and Mumbai (Bombay) and associate lawyers in most major cities of India. The main office of the Firm is in New Delhi, conveniently located next to the diplomatic mission area. It is easily accessible from all parts of Delhi as well as its suburbs.
The Partners and members of the Firm are senior professionals with years of experience behind them. They bring the highest level of professional service to clients along with the traditions of the profession, integrity and sound ethical practices.
Members of the Firm are in tune with the work-culture of international law firms as well as the expectations of large corporate clients. The Firm has amongst its clients multi nationals, embassies and leading Indian corporations.
Kachwaha & Partners is the exclusive India member of FraudNet a leading global independent network of international lawyers specializing in fraud and white collar crime. FraudNet was set up in 2004 by ICC Commercial Crime Services (London), the anti-crim arm of International Chamber of Commerce (Paris). It has 62 members from 57 jurisdictions.
The network brings together an unrivaled team of legal specialists to assist with issues inter alia relating to fraud, money laundering and asset recovery.
Chambers Global has ranked ICC-FraudNet in Band 1 under the category of "Fraud-Global-Wide". ICC-FraudNet is the sole "Fraud Leading Legal Network". (2014)
- "'One of the most capable litigation law firms in India', Kachwaha & Partners' dispute resolution practice is a clear leader. The firm handles a large volume of disputes, with recent work including representing the PICO Group in a civil arbitration claim by the Organising Committee of the Delhi Commonwealth games regarding construction works handled by the group. Sumeet Kachwaha is a 'highly qualified litigator', and the 'organised and very responsive' Dharmendra Rautray has 'extensive experience in handling international commercial arbitrations. Senior associate Tara Shahani is also recommended for her 'proficient and diligent work'."
Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2013)
- Kachwaha and Partners declared a winner in the Indian Law Firm Awards by Indian Business Law Journal in the category of Dispute Resolution (2013).
- Kachwaha and Partners awarded the 'Deal of the Year Award' by Indian Business Law Journal (Hong Kong) in the category of Infrastructure and Project Finance (2012).
- Kachwaha and Partners declared a winner in the Indian Law Firm Awards by Indian Business Law Journal in the category of Dispute Resolution (2012).
Extracts from the Report (February, 2013)
"Kachwaha & Partners, known for its keen interest and expertise in arbitration, is described as 'goal-oriented' by ….deputy director of legal services at the Ford Foundation in New York. 'They provide us very good service, are very responsive and work hard to make sure that we can get our investments done with the least complications.
[ ] at London, .. 'I have been extremely impressed by all aspects of my dealings with Kachwaha & Partners,' he says. 'They have been extremely efficient at all times…I have also been enormously impressed by Mr. Kachwaha's obvious in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge and expertise.'.."
Dharmendra Rautray and Tara Shahani are also cited as star performers.
[ ] at Weil Gotshal & Manges in London, appreciates the partner time she receives at the firm. [She] chose Kachwaha & Partners for litigation and arbitration advice such as the enforcement of arbitration awards or orders from the Indian courts in support of arbitration. 'I have complete confidence in the caliber of their work and in their integrity,' she says.
- "Sumeet Kachwaha, head of the litigation and dispute resolution department, is a notable name in arbitration and litigation, and overseas lawyers recommend him 'for any India-specific matter, particularly in cases where it's almost an unsolvable issue'..."
Benchmark Asia - Pacific (2013)
- "International counsel are impressed with the lawyers, who 'know their way around a courtroom, and give good input on strategy'. The 'proactive and imaginative' Sumeet Kachwaha is highly rated for both litigation and arbitration. 'He is unflappable, no matter how stressful it gets,' say interviewees, adding that 'he is totally straightforward' ... "
Chambers Asia 2011-Dispute Resolution Section
- "Clients are impressed with the quality advice they receive: 'hiring the services of Kachwaha & Partners to represent us in the enforcement and execution proceedings of an American Association Arbitration award before the Indian courts was definitely a proper choice for our company. I recommend Kachwaha & Partners to any client seeking a high standard of legal services . The firm stands for integrity and has outstanding knowledge and experience' ..."
Indian Lawyer 250 (2011)
- Sumeet Kachwaha figures as a Band One lawyer in the litigation as well as the Arbitration Sections of the
Chambers Asia 2009, 2010 & 2011 & 2012
- "In relation to Kachwaha & Partners disputes team, one client reports: 'Sumeet has been very excellent. He is very responsive and his advice is clear.' 'Sumeet Kachwaha is a prominent figure who is well known as counsel for both litigation and arbitration matters.'.."
Chambers Asia 2011-Dispute Resolution Section
- "This practice has particular expertise in handling cross – border matters, and of late has been instructed by clients from as far afield as China, South Korea and Malaysia. It is well versed in a broad range of cases, especially infrastructure, construction, trade and shipping disputes."
Chambers Asia 2012 -Dispute Resolution Section
- Kachwaha & Partners is rated in Band One by Indian Business Law Journal (Hong Kong) for dispute resolution (2009).
Extracts from the Report:
"Kachwaha & Partners also wins critical acclaim for its dispute resolution work." '[We used Kachwaha] for a litigation in the Bombay courts involving an Indian Company, as well as for Indian law input for concurrent proceedings in the Singapore courts,' says Paul Sandosham, a partner at Singaporean law firm Wong Partnership. 'We had a very good working experience and we were very satisfied'. 'Sumeet Kachwaha provided us with very good inputs on Indian laws as well as overall strategy.' Peter Rosell, legal counsel for Topsoe in Denmark, agrees: 'In view of his and his office's experience and high standing in India and in London we chose to engage him (Kachwaha) to assist us in a matter …… in New Delhi.' 'Their analytical ability and knowledge of the specifics of the relevant law and reference cases was impressive.'…"
"Sumeet Kachwaha is recommended for his 'command of the law and utmost integrity.' Sources add, 'he is entirely incorruptible - one can trust him with anything.'…."
Chambers Global 2008 -Dispute Resolution Section
- "In relation to Kachwaha & Partners' disputes team, one client reports: 'I was very impressed with the standard of their work' and their 'very clear and succinct opinions' that were 'well-supported by authorities and reports'. The turn around time was 'extremely good considering the response required from them was often on an urgent basis' ..."
Asia Pacific Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution Section (2008)
- Best Law Firm in India for White Collar Crime Law -Corporate INTL (2009)
- Winner – Kachwaha & Partners, "DealMakers Global Awards 2012." - DealMakers (2012).
- Winner – "2011 India – ADR Law Firm of the Year Award" - Global Law Experts (2011).
- Winner –"Arbitration, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year" - DealMakers (2011).
- Winner – " in the category of – Construction Law Firm of the Year, India" - Lawyer Monthly (2011).
- Winner - "Lawyers World Global Award Winner 2011" - Lawyers World (2011).
- Winner – "Construction Law Firm of the Year, India" - Finance Monthly (2011)
- Winner –"Construction Law Firm of the Year" - DealMakers (2010)
Note : For full list of recognition / awards please click here.