Kachwaha & Partners is a full service law Firm, with offices at Delhi and Mumbai (Bombay) and associate lawyers in most major cities of India. The main office of the Firm is in New Delhi, conveniently located next to the diplomatic mission area. It is easily accessible from all parts of Delhi as well as its suburbs.
The Partners and members of the Firm are senior professionals with years of experience behind them. They bring the highest level of professional service to clients along with the traditions of the profession, integrity and sound ethical practices.
Members of the Firm are in tune with the work-culture of international law firms as well as the expectations of large corporate clients. The Firm has amongst its clients multi nationals, embassies and leading Indian corporations.
Declared a "Winner" by the Indian Business Law Journal in the category of Dispute Resolution (2013).
Awarded the 'Deal of the Year Award' by Indian Business Law Journal (Hong Kong) in the category of Infrastructure and Project Finance (2012).
Declared a “Winner” in by the Indian Business Law Journal in the category of Dispute Resolution (2012).
Member of the International Business Law Consortium, Salzburg (IBLC) – an international alliance of select law firms with members from 88 locations world-wide. IBLC is ranked in Band 1 by Chambers in the 'Leading Law Firm Networks (Global wide).'
Former member of ICC FraudNet, a leading global independent network of international lawyers specialising in fraud and white collar crime.
The firm organises and conducts an annual all India student essay writing competition on arbitration (click here).
The firm organises and conducts the South Asian Regional rounds of the Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot (click here).
- "'One of the most capable litigation law firms in India', Kachwaha & Partners' dispute resolution practice is a clear leader. The firm handles a large volume of disputes….. the 'organised and very responsive' Dharmendra Rautray has 'extensive experience in handling international commercial arbitrations.
Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2013)
- "Kachwaha & Partners, known for its keen interest and expertise in arbitration, is described as 'goal-oriented' by …. deputy director of legal services at the Ford Foundation in New York. 'They provide us very good service, are very responsive and work hard to make sure that we can get our investments done with the least complications.
"[ ] at London, ….. 'I have been extremely impressed by all aspects of my dealings with Kachwaha & Partners,' he says. 'They have been extremely efficient at all times…I have also been enormously impressed by Mr. Kachwaha's obvious in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge and expertise.'.."
Dharmendra Rautray and Tara Shahani are also cited as star performers.
[ ] at Weil Gotshal & Manges in London, appreciates the partner time she receives at the firm. [She] chose Kachwaha & Partners for litigation and arbitration advice such as the enforcement of arbitration awards or orders from the Indian courts in support of arbitration. 'I have complete confidence in the caliber of their work and in their integrity,' she says.
India Business Law Journal (Hong Kong) 2013
- "Sumeet Kachwaha, head of the litigation and dispute resolution department, is a notable name in arbitration and litigation, and overseas lawyers recommend him 'for any India-specific matter, particularly in cases where it's almost an unsolvable issue'..."
Benchmark Asia - Pacific (2013)
- "International counsel are impressed with the lawyers, who 'know their way around a courtroom, and give good input on strategy'. The 'proactive and imaginative' Sumeet Kachwaha is highly rated for both litigation and arbitration. 'He is unflappable, no matter how stressful it gets,' say interviewees, adding that 'he is totally straightforward' ... "
Chambers Asia 2011-Dispute Resolution Section
- "Clients are impressed with the quality advice they receive: 'hiring the services of Kachwaha & Partners to represent us in the enforcement and execution proceedings of an American Association Arbitration award before the Indian courts was definitely a proper choice for our company. I recommend Kachwaha & Partners to any client seeking a high standard of legal services. The firm stands for integrity and has outstanding knowledge and experience' ..."
Indian Lawyer 250 (2011)
- "..Sources say that 'of all the firms I've used, their advice is the easiest to understand. Outstanding expertise-they know what they are talking about.'... "
Chambers Asia 2011 - Dispute Resolution Section
- "In relation to Kachwaha & Partners disputes team, one client reports: 'Sumeet has been very excellent. He is very responsive and his advice is clear.' 'Sumeet Kachwaha is a prominent figure who is well known as counsel for both litigation and arbitration matters.'.."
Chambers Asia 2011-Dispute Resolution Section
- Kachwaha & Partners is rated in Band One by Indian Business Law Journal (Hong Kong) for dispute resolution (2009).
Extracts from the Report:
"Kachwaha & Partners also wins critical acclaim for its dispute resolution work." '[We used Kachwaha] for a litigation in the Bombay courts involving an Indian Company, as well as for Indian law input for concurrent proceedings in the Singapore courts,' says Paul Sandosham, a partner at Singaporean law firm Wong Partnership. 'We had a very good working experience and we were very satisfied'. 'Sumeet Kachwaha provided us with very good inputs on Indian laws as well as overall strategy.' Peter Rosell, legal counsel for Topsoe in Denmark, agrees: 'In view of his and his office's experience and high standing in India and in London we chose to engage him (Kachwaha) to assist us in a matter …… in New Delhi.' 'Their analytical ability and knowledge of the specifics of the relevant law and reference cases was impressive.'…"
"Sumeet Kachwaha is recommended for his 'command of the law and utmost integrity.' Sources add, 'he is entirely incorruptible - one can trust him with anything.'…."
Chambers Global 2008 -Dispute Resolution Section
- "In relation to Kachwaha & Partners' disputes team, one client reports: 'I was very impressed with the standard of their work' and their 'very clear and succinct opinions' that were 'well-supported by authorities and reports'. The turn around time was 'extremely good considering the response required from them was often on an urgent basis' ..."
Asia Pacific Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution Section (2008)
- Note : For full list of recognition / awards please click here.